Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thank you for caring. We still do not know anything about my sister. I hope tomorrow we hear something. I wish I could pull everyone out of there with my own hands. I wish I could magically make it all a bad dream and wake everyone up to a beautiful new day. I wish I were numb. I am sure I am not the only one.

Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans - lyrics by Eddie DeLange

Do you know what is means to miss New Orleans?
I miss it, each night and day
The longer I stay away
Miss the moist covered vines
The tall sugar pines
Where mocking birds use to sing
And I like to see the lazy Mississippi
Are hurrying to spring
The Mardi Gras memories
Of creol tunes that fill the air
I dream of oleanders in June
And soon I'm wishing that I was there
Do you know what is means to miss New Orleans
And there is something more
I miss the one I care for
More than I miss New Orleans

No comments: